HND Sound Production
This course has a hugely successful history of gaining student employment.
It gives you access to industry standard equipment and software in studio, sound reinforcement and gaming audio, including Ableton and Native Instruments.
We’re also one of only a few colleges to offer the internationally recognised gaming audio certification via Avid PT 130.
Some students will have the opportunity to undertake Certified Pro Tools courses. (Please ask us for more information on this.)
Here’s more on what you’ll be doing:
- You’ll gain in depth knowledge in sound production theory and practice, including advanced microphone and synchronisation techniques, and how to undertake complex recording tasks.
- You’ll expand on your knowledge of digital audio theory, including analogue to digital conversion and vice versa.
- You’ll learn how to use a digital audio workstation for recording and manipulating audio and MIDI signals.
- You’ll develop skills in advanced studio techniques, including multi-track recording, mixing and mastering.
- You’ll extend your knowledge of sound reinforcement technologies, including techniques for system equalisation.
- You’ll look at management and legal issues in the audio and sound production industries, including contracts and intellectual property.
You’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Gain professional studio experience and live sound work experience. Previous student placements have included Celtic Connections, Gorbals Sound Studio Glasgow, King’s Theatre Glasgow, well-known music venues such as the O2 ABC in Sauchiehall Street, and local pubs and clubs.
- Work within our own record label, Sun Turtle Records, and help artists record and release original music.
- Practise your skills through free access to the studio during the day when it’s not in use.