Level 4 Professional Diploma in Technical and Production Practice for the Creative Industries
The UAL Level 4 Professional Diploma in Technical and Production Practice for the Creative Industries has been designed to provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to work within the production arts industry. It is available as a fast-track, intensive part-time or one-year full-time course, giving access into employment, and will open up the possibility of further progression into Higher Education.
The qualification is suitable for learners who have an interest in production arts or a related subject who wish to explore and extend this interest via a full-time or part-time, immersive learning experience. It can be used as a starting point for learners who have identified a specific career in the performing arts industry that they wish to progress to such as:
• Deputy Chief Electrician
• Assistant Technical Manager
• Senior Venue Technician
• Senior Theatre Technician
• Senior Stage Technician
• Senior Lighting Technician
• Senior Sound Technician
• Senior Video Technician
• Senior Automation Technician
The qualification is also appropriate for learners wishing to continue their education through applied learning, within a professional context in which they can work alongside industry experts to gain first-hand experience of the operational processes of events in a range of creative, cultural and community venues.
Learners completing the UAL Level 4 Professional Diploma in Technical and Production Practice for the Creative Industries will progress to:
1. Employment – learners completing this may also progress directly into employment in the production arts industry, specifically into roles such as Technical Manager, Deputy Stage Manager, Deputy Chief Electrician, Assistant Technical Manager, Senior Venue Technician, A/V Installation Engineer, Senior Theatre Technician, Senior Stage Technician, AQ/V Project Manager, Senior Lighting Technician, Head of Sound, Senior Sound Technician, Senior Video Technician, Senior Automation Technician
2. Higher education - the qualification will support learners to develop a portfolio of work enabling them to progress to higher education courses.
This qualification is recognised as preparing learners for progression into employment, the following employers endorse this qualification:
• Ambassador Theatre Group
• National Theatre
• TAIT Stage
• White Light
DownloadNCCI Level 4 Course sheet.pdf