Lighting Design BA (Hons)
Reasons to study Lighting Design
• Experiment and test your skills in our fully-equipped lighting laboratories.
• Learn how to create original designs through collaboration and experimentation. You will learn through practice, by designing your own work across all three years of study.
• Enhance your design and technical skills through realised creative projects and industry work placements, in London, across the UK and abroad.
• Create lighting designs from large-scale projects to small- scale experimental work, across a wide variety of fields, including theatre, live music, events and architecture.
• The programme has outstanding industry contacts and connects you with leading professional lighting designers, managers, venues and lighting companies.
• Share classes and projects with students from other programmes to learn about the performance, arts and events industries and how to use experimentation, enquiry and creative research in your work, and prepare to build a successful career.
Our graduates leave us as creative and resourceful lighting designers, able to connect art with technology and the conceptual with the practical.
They have gone on to work as lighting designers, technicians and programmers for theatre, dance, opera, architecture, concert and corporate events, as well as in the lighting services sector.
You may also be interested in:
Creative Lighting Control, BA (Hons)
Lighting Design For Architecture, BA (Hons)
“I’ve worked at Glastonbury, Isle of Wight Festival, O2 and Wembley Arena. Gaining experience and preparing myself for the real world.” Samuel Woolass Lighting Design, 2017 Graduate