Lighting Design for Architecture BA (Hons)
Reasons to study Lighting Design for Architecture
• You will be able to experiment and test your skills in a fully equipped specialist lighting laboratory.
• In your first year, you will explore the fundamentals of lighting design collaboratively and through project work with other lighting and design students from the college.
• In your second year, you will concentrate on acquiring all the specialist design and technical skills required in architecture and the built environment. Teaching will be delivered by both academic tutors and industry professionals.
• Your third year is defined by a 4-6 month placement with an architectural lighting design or manufacturing company, complimented by further learning and support at college.
• The programme has strong international scope, working in close collaboration with industry and education partners from across Europe and beyond.
• Learning includes industry placements and project work within the built environment sector, in both your second and third year.
The programme is designed to enable graduates to go on to work in architectural lighting professions, either in the lighting manufacturing industry or in lighting design offices.
Graduates will increasingly work across a range of affiliated industry sectors and design experiential environments for theme parks, global branding events and companies, new theatre buildings, art galleries and museums, night clubs and cruise ships.
You may also be interested in:
Creative Lighting Control, BA (Hons)
Lighting Design BA (Hons)