London 2 Summer Camp (2023)
BYMT Camps are one week activity holidays providing intensive, creative training in musical theatre for anyone aged 11-17. They are designed for young people looking to explore their potential and develop their acting, singing, movement, writing and instrumental playing abilities. They also offer a Grade 6 Certificate in Musical Theatre accredited by Trinity College London. You'll work with top theatre professionals and create a brand new show in just a week on these exciting residential projects. Summer Camps do not require an audition - so get booking as it's first come, first served!
What happens on a Music Theatre Camp? You will -
- Create and perform a brand new musical based around a theme or concept facilitated by a professional theatre director
- Develop skills in drama, acting, singing, movement, lyric writing and instrumental playing
- Work with a professional artistic team - we only employ experienced working theatre professionals to deliver these courses
- Boost your confidence, self-esteem and teamwork - social skills you'll use everyday and forever
- Gain a Grade 6 certificate in Musical Theatre in Production - Trinity College examiners attend every performance to assess the groups achievements
- Contribute to Arts Award or Duke of Edinburgh Award - build our Easter Camps into your other award schemes to build your portfolio
- Make friends with like-minded people from different backgrounds - and stay in touch for years into the future
- Stay away from home in university or boarding school - we provide plenty of food and 24-hour pastoral care!
What show will you help to create during the London Summer Camp?
The Steadfast Tin Soldier (Director: Anthony Underwood, Musical Director: Barnaby Southgate, Choreographer: Tali Foxworthy-Bowers)
Based on the fairytale by Hans Christian Andersen about a toy tin soldier, our version is a modern retelling set in a city on the brink of collapse. The protagonist is a deaf soldier, separated from his love, who is the ballerina from the original. It’s a story about what it means to be heroic, with a contemporary musical-theatre score.
Whilst all of our camps are inclusive, we specifically want to welcome participants with additional support requirements and/or disabilities into this summer camp, as it will explore these lived experiences and will bring young people together to explore the material and how to tell the story through non-verbal languages.