MA Performance: Theatre Making
MA Performance: Theatre Making at Wimbledon College of Arts invites you to re-imagine the possibilities of theatre and performance and expand the horizons of your practice.
MA Performance: Theatre Making will enable you to develop your creative and critical practice. It will encourage you to become a confident and articulate theatre maker and researcher.
Performance at Wimbledon is approached through questions of politics and ethics as well as aesthetics and practice. The course asks you to examine them through practical investigation and experimentation in a studio context.
You will think critically about your theatre making. You will want to place it in the context of contemporary performance and visual culture.
The course focuses on:
- Theatre-making as an integrated, multi-disciplinary practice. Combining, for example, writing, design, acting and dramaturgy.
- Developing innovative compositional strategies for performance-making as a studio-based, embodied and material practice.
- The creation of post-dramatic and politically engaged performance.
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are:
- BA (Hons) degree in either theatre and performance or art and design - related disciplines, including social and other sciences or engineering
- Alternative qualifications and experience will also be taken into consideration
- Personal statement
- Portfolio of work
Entry to this course will also be determined by the quality of your application, looking primarily at your portfolio of work and personal statement.