BA (Hons) Musical Theatre
An exciting course combining strong technical training, creative opportunities and industry experience. The course programme involves the study and practice of both traditional and innovative areas of musical performance. It includes in-depth vocal training, a wide range of acting techniques and technical dance training in jazz, tap, ballet, contemporary, pas de deux and commercial.
- Taught by professional performers, directors and choreographers
- 11 rehearsal studios, five with sprung dance floors and mirrors
- Professional-standard theatre with industry-level equipment, recently over-hauled with new lighting and sound systems
- Collaboration with make-up, costume and technical theatre students
- Alumni have been working in West End and UK touring shows, TV and film, and for many of the leading cruise ship entertainment companies
Recent alumni include Helen Woolf, who has been starring as Glinda on the Wicked UK tour having previously played the role in London’s West End; Alfie Parker, who has been performing in Kinky Boots having previously performed in School of Rock in London’s West End covering the lead role; and Blake Patrick Anderson who was in Starlight Express.