Professional Diploma in Performance UAL (Level 4) (Musical Theatre)
Are you interested in musical theatre? Are you thinking of applying for a specialist triple threat college?
This Diploma in Musical Theatre course is designed for students aged 18+ who have completed a three A Level programme, which includes drama / dance / music or an Extended Diploma in Performing Arts. The underpinning experience in dance, singing and acting gained on these courses is essential to engage fully with this one year intensive triple threat course.
- further develop a range of acting, voice and movement skills
- be assisted in their preparation for auditions, including classical and contemporary speeches and songs
- engage in a variety of performance projects in professional venues
- work with professional theatre directors, musical directors and choreographers
- attend a range of theatre performances
- Have regular lessons in tap, ballet, commercial and jazz sessions
- Learn about musical theatre history and context
The course is delivered through various practical and theoretical units and performance projects. A large proportion of the work undertaken is of a practical nature and is assessed continuously. There are no examinations on this course. The course is full time and students are required to be available for up to 18 hours contact time per week.
Students accepted on this course should be aiming to apply to specialist colleges or university.
Past graduates of the Level 4 Musical Theatre course have progressed onto a number of nationally acclaimed colleges including the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, Mountview, GSA Conservatoire, Italia Conti, BiPA, and the Leeds Conservatoire, as well as various prestigious universities.
Three A Levels including drama and dance, or the Performing Arts (Level 3 Extended Diploma).
Entry by interview and audition.