Design for Theatre and Performance (Set & Costume) BA (Hons)
Reasons to study Design for Theatre and Performance (Set & Costume)
• Investigate the fundamentals of set and costume design and undertake design projects led by professional designers and directors.
• Design at least two realised productions in fully-equipped public venues on campus and in London.
• Create your ideas in dedicated design studios, and engage in creative team projects with students from other programmes.
• Explore design for performances beyond theatre, by taking optional projects in set or costume design for live music, festival, immersive spaces, and site-specific performance.
• Develop skills in drawing, model making and computer visualisation, and extend your learning through work placements in the industry or a period of study abroad.
• Share classes and projects with students from other programmes to learn about the performance industries and how to use experimentation, enquiry and creative research in your work, to prepare you to build and sustain a successful career.
Our graduates leave as imaginative and practical collaborators and are sought after within the wider performance and related industries. Graduates work as designers and assistant designers in a range of performance areas including main house and studio productions, devised work, opera, theatre for young audiences, film, television and event design.
You may also be interested in:
Costume Production, BA (Hons)
Scenic Arts, BA (Hons)
“Since graduating I worked in a studio in London doing themed entertainment design then from there I moved to Hong Kong to work with Disney.”
Andy Sinclair-Harris, Imagineer, Walt Disney