Virtual Theatre and Digital Experiences BA (Hons)
Reasons to study Virtual Theatre and Digital Experiences:
• Become a creative technologist, able to design and create the next generation of digital theatre. Learn the creative and technical skills needed to make your own virtual and mixed reality experiences, using industry standard software to understand the principles of digital theatre craft and tell stories in this new medium.
• Be a pioneer of a new industry that is benefiting from massive investment and research as it grows at an exponential rate.
• Make your own apps and programmes which can support a live theatre experience by integrating technology and engineering with digital systems.
• Work with industry standard software such as: Unreal Engine 4, Maya, Z brush, Photoshop and After Effects.
• Develop the technical as well as creative and managerial skills which will make you employable in a wide range of industries including TV, film, architecture and gaming.
• Benefit from Rose Bruford College’s wide range of industry connections to ensure you are being taught the latest techniques and processes used in the industry, whilst also developing your personal professional network to integrate you into the industry ready for when you graduate.
Graduates join a new generation of theatre practitioners who can create theatre experiences on new digital platforms. You may work for an existing studio which is already established in this sector or, using your entrepreneurial skills along with the support of the College’s Centre for Digital Production, create your own business to specialise in an area in this rapidly growing field. Your skills also give you the opportunity to find employment in film or TV production, pre-visualisation studios or even a computer gaming company.
You may also be interested in:
Digital Content Design for Theatre and Live Events BA (Hons)
“This is a fantastic opportunity for students to work with the latest equipment from leading companies. It will help them build a skill set which will be more attractive to employers.” Ruben Plaza Garcia, 2018 Graduate