Yorkshire Summer Camp (2023)
BYMT Camps are one week activity holidays providing intensive, creative training in musical theatre for anyone aged 11-17. They are designed for young people looking to explore their potential and develop their acting, singing, movement, writing and instrumental playing abilities. They also offer a Grade 6 Certificate in Musical Theatre accredited by Trinity College London. You'll work with top theatre professionals and create a brand new show in just a week on these exciting residential projects. Camps do not require an audition - so get booking as it's first come, first served!
What happens on a Music Theatre Summer Camp?
- Create and perform a brand new musical based around a theme or concept facilitated by a professional theatre director
- Develop skills in drama, acting, singing, movement, lyric writing and instrumental playing
- Work with a professional artistic team - we only employ experienced working theatre professionals to deliver these courses
- Boost your confidence, self-esteem and teamwork - social skills you'll use everyday and forever
- Gain a Grade 6 certificate in Musical Theatre in Production - Trinity College examiners attend every performance to assess the groups achievements
- Contribute to Arts Award or Duke of Edinburgh Award - build our Easter Camps into your other award schemes to build your portfolio
- Make friends with like-minded people from different backgrounds - and stay in touch for years into the future
- Stay away from home in university or boarding school - we provide plenty of food and 24-hour pastoral care!
What show will you help to create during the Yorkshire Summer Camp?
The Dark Dark (Director: Ellis Kerkhoven, Musical Director: Sonum Batra, Choreographer TBC)
A coming of age story, we follow Kaya and Maya Fon, separated twins, as they battle to survive in their war-torn land. As renegades gather to overthrow the tyrant Meepsie King, Kaya, our protagonist, races against others of-age in ‘The Great Catch’ - a right of passage event that tests their new found ‘gifts’. Maya, a market-thief, gets seized to become the latest sacrifice to please the Gods. Meanwhile ’The dark dark’, a lurking black cloud circles above, threatening to consume everyone and everything. Is the land doomed, or can someone step up and be brave enough to uncover and defeat ‘The dark dark’?