Explore the fundamentals of acting on this practical course, designed for people with little or no experience of acting. Increase your confidence and discover your potential in a safe and exciting environment.
This course will introduce you to the craft of acting. Through a series of warm ups, games and practical acting exercises you will develop your creativity and find the freedom to act in a friendly and supportive environment.
What will we cover?
• Drama games and group exercises
• Improvisation and scene work
• Character work
• Performing truthfully and believably
• An introduction to text work.
Please note that acting classes by their very nature can involve exercises and the exploration of material that some students may find challenging.
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Work collaboratively and confidently with others.
• Present yourself confidently in the space.
• Develop and play character
• Prepare and perform a short scene.