Actor Summer School: Improvers
A five day intensive course designed to enhance your skills and develop your confidence in acting. Explore a range of exercises and acting techniques that will illuminate and enliven scripts and scenes. Ideal for those who have completed a beginner’s level course.
What is the course about?
Working in a safe and supportive atmosphere, these lively practical sessions will cover a range of exercises designed to release your imagination and develop your creativity. You will explore the actors process as you develop and build character and work towards a performance of a scene from a contemporary play in the final session.
What will we cover?
• Physical and vocal warmups
• Group exercises
• Character work
• Text analysis work
• Scene rehearsal and performance.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Perform a personal physical and vocal warm-up
• Explore and analyse text confidently
• Play character and perform in a scene from a play with confidence
• Use improvisation exercises to enhance script work.