Broaden your skills and discover the freedom to act with classical text in a safe and supportive environment. Gain the confidence to build truthful characters through various practical exercises and scene work.
What is the course about?
The course provides a practical opportunity to explore the acting demands of various classical playwrights including work from the Greeks, Shakespeare and his contemporaries, through to the works of Oscar Wilde. Working creatively and collaboratively you will work in some depth on a scene and or solo monologue.
What will we cover?
Demystifying complex language, working with verse, exploring character, the ensemble, Monologue/scene work.
What will I achieve?
- By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Perform classical text with greater confidence
- Recognise and perform verse with greater confidence
- Work collaboratively to perform an ensemble piece
- Analyse and break down text for practical performance
- Prepare and perform a monologue.