Comedy Acting - An Introduction
The Comedy Acting - An Introduction offers a practical introduction to comedy acting in a fun and supportive atmosphere.
From sitcoms to improvisation, from silent comedy to farce, the skills learned on this course are applicable to every comedy moment.
You will explore a range of comic concepts, techniques and strategies for creating solo and ensemble comedy performance. Students will looks at spontaneity, timing, physicality and keeping a straight face!
Explore what makes comedy work and how to overcome performance nerves, gain an understanding of how comedy acting differs to ‘Stand Up’ and Drama. Learn what makes you funny and begin to find your niche under the guidance of an experienced performer.
COMEDY ACTING - AN INTRODUCTION CONTENT
Exact course content may differ according to the course length and class size, but topics covered generally include:
- Overcome nerves and self-consciousness
- Learn how to play and perform comedy improvisation games
- Trust yourself to play, have fun and work creatively with other people
- Learn multiple approaches and techniques for creating comedy
- Rehearse a scene from a sitcom or sketch-show
- Create your own comedy sketch or scene
- Look at character comedy and how to play multiple characters
- Learn tips and techniques professional comedians and comedy writers use