Method Acting for Beginners
Our Method Acting Beginners Classes are designed for beginners and those with some experience of acting classes. Structured to provide you with a background to Method Acting and consolidate fundamentals of stage craft, voice, rehearsal technique and igniting the imagination.
Using your own life experiences as a tool-kit to delve into, you will learn to recall emotional and physical memories safely and re-deploy them in the context of any given scene, and to identify character objectives and relationships. As a result the work produced is without fail whole-hearted, truthful and produces performances that are compelling and deeply human.
You will learn how to observe yourself and others in greater depth which you can then bring to your performance on stage. You will develop a greater understanding of character and subtext (Magic If).
METHOD ACTING BEGINNERS CLASSES CONTENT
Exact course content may differ but topics covered generally include:
- Develop improvisation technique
- Take part in sense memory exercises
- Build confidence in voice and movement
- Learn to identify the given circumstances in any scene
- Understand how to break down a scene
- Work collaboratively and imaginatively
- Gain an insight as to how The Method can be applied
- Feel more relaxed on stage
As with all of our method acting classes, you'll receive friendly feedback throughout the course, and all scripts will be provided. Maximum capacity is 10 students to ensure students receive individual feedback on this specialised course.