Musical Theatre for Beginners
Our Musical Theatre Classes for Beginners will introduce you to the fundamental techniques needed to perform on the West End stage, and is the perfect way to explore the magic of musicals.
We select the repertoire from the popular musical theatre canon exploring work from composers including Boublil and Schöenberg, Kander and Ebb - and many more.
Musical theatre classes are taught in a fun an d supportive environment so don’t worry if you feel a bit nervous. Most of the time you will be singing in a group, although if you do want to leap into the spotlight there's the opportunity for some solos too!
MUSICAL THEATRE CLASSES FOR BEGINNERS - COURSE CONTENT
Exact content may differ depending on students' needs and course duration, but topics generally covered include:
- Vocal and physical warm ups to work on Musical Theatre technique
- Integrate singing, dance and acting
- Introduction to fundamental techniques and application to song and dance routines
- Learn vocal and acting through song material - repertoire includes At The End of The Day, I Dreamed a Dream, On My Own, Stars, Empty Chairs at Empty Tables and Do You Hear the People Sing (Les Miserables) and All That - Jazz (Chicago)
- Learn dance material - repertoire includes You Can't Stop The Beat (Hairspray) and All That Jazz (Chicago)
- Solo masterclass focusing on Acting Through Song and vocal technique
- Rehearse and hone material before an informal showcase to friends and family
You'll receive friendly feedback throughout the course and will be taught by a variety of tutors from our Musical Theatre department. Any material covered within the class, will also be available online, to be accessed and practised at home during the course.