Shakespeare Messenger Award
Shakespeare Awards offer the opportunity to work one-to-one with a RADA tutor to present a speech, sonnet or scene from Shakespeare and get personal feedback to develop your skills and inspire your acting.
Young actors in training with Shakespeare and his company would sometimes be entrusted with the all-important role of Messenger. During a fun and creative session, delivered online, you will perform two speeches you have chosen from the list we provide.
To gain the Messenger Award, an achievement of 25 marks out of 50 marks is required.
During the assessment:
- You will connect with a RADA tutor in a one-to-one online session.
- You will first perform a speech from section one.
- You will then perform one of the speeches from section two.
- After delivering the speeches, you will be given some live suggestions of things to try out to explore the text.
- You then deliver your speech from section two again.
After the assessment:
- You will receive your results and any feedback by post within one month.
Normally on the first Saturday of each month. Please email email@example.com for details regarding availability.
Assessment time: 15 minutes
Designed for single candidates 12+, ideal for those between 12 - 14
You may choose any of the speeches, regardless of gender
You must act from memory to gain your Award (without reading a script)
The next level to gain after completing the Messenger is the Bronze Award