Our Singing Lessons for Beginners provide an excellent foundation for absolute beginners, as well as for those who have had some basic vocal training but want to develop their singing technique and vocal skills.
Don’t worry if you’re a little nervous - this singing course focuses on singing as a group and building your confidence. And it doesn't matter if you don't get it right first time round; it's all about practising and enjoying singing!
WHAT WILL BE TAUGHT ON SINGING LESSONS FOR BEGINNERS?
During the Level 1 course you will learn to control your voice. We will give you practical exercises to help you gain confidence using a varied repertoire - from pop to musical theatre to jazz, blues and soul.
Course content will include:
- Practising a series of varied vocal warm ups and technique exercises to improve your vocal range
- Learning about body awareness through focus on posture and alignment.
- How to develop a secure breathing technique
- Group singing and developing good listening and blending skills
- Learning how to achieve a good quality vocal performance while using your voice in a safe and healthy manner
Students will typically learn 3-6 songs during the course and will receive friendly feedback from your tutor throughout the course.