The Fusion Fund offers £2,000 – £5,000 for professional musicians to undertake UK-based projects that develop and test new work, ideas or potential career directions through inspiring periods of collaborative research and development.
The Fusion Fund are looking for exciting collaborations that create work across art forms, creative sectors and other disciplines. Applications must be music-focused and projects should include contributions from at least one non-music discipline for example storytellers, lighting designers, choreographers, technologists, scientists, gaming designers, theatre directors, visual artists etc. They are also interested in seeing applications that consider unusual and extraordinary spaces to show work to new audiences.
There should be tangible results of the collaboration, such as a body of work created for an upcoming recording or a new performance. Overall, the project should push the boundaries of what you do as a music creator or performer, exploring or testing something that you are not currently able to achieve without support.
The fund is open to professional and emerging professional musicians of all genres and disciplines. You can be a solo instrumentalist, conductor, composer, vocalist, singer songwriter or a multidisciplinary artist. We can also support bands or ensembles with six members or less.
To apply you must be:
- Aged over 18 (no upper age limit)
- Based primarily in the UK and be eligible to work here
- Have been resident in the UK for at least three consecutive years
- In financial need and without significant backing
You must already have an active career to apply to this fund. We want to support those individuals or ensembles who can demonstrate working excellence fitting at least three if not all of the following criteria:
- Exceptional ability within their discipline
- High quality musical output
- Regularly working (performances, commissions, releases) at a professional level (getting paid for your work)
- Achievement or the potential to achieve a national or international impact
- An impressive track record
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and dedication toward their career
- Shows innovation or leadership within their sector
If applying as a group
- 50% must meet the criteria as above
- You must have been established and playing together regularly for at least one year
- You must nominate a lead applicant for the application process