MOBO Help Musicians Fund
The fund has been created in partnership to support the career ambitions of exceptionally talented artists and groups with grants of up to £2,000. Further funding of up to £3,000 is available for larger groups of musicians.
From vocal coaching to touring, the MOBO Help Musicians Fund can be used to support opportunities which will have a significant impact on your creativity and career.
You can be a solo artist, producer, songwriter or group working within any genre but we would like to encourage applications from the following genres; R&B, Afrobeat, Soul, Hip Hop, Grime, Jazz, Gospel, Garage, Reggae and African music.
To be eligible for the MOBO Help Musicians Fund you must be:
- Aged 18 or over
- Based primarily in the UK and eligible to work here
- A resident in the UK for at least the last 3 consecutive years
- In financial need and without significant backing from labels, music publishing companies or management
- A track record of regularly performing, writing and releasing music for at least 12 months
If your group would like to apply:
- At least half of the group members must meet the criteria as above
- You must also have been established and playing together regularly for at least 12 months
- Organisations are not eligible for funding
- Groups of up to 4 members can apply for up to £2,000
- Groups of 5 or more people or those wanting to work with a larger ensemble can apply for up to £3,000
The Help Musicians Fund want to invest in artists who are performing or creating great music and show potential to build a long-term professional career.