This support is for professional UK musicians of all genres and disciplines, with a focus on independent music creators who are controlling one or more aspects of their career.
You can be a solo artist, composer, group member, songwriter, producer or a multidisciplinary artist.
To apply, you must:
- Deliver your supported activities within 12 months of accepting the grant. Please note, your activity should not start any earlier than three months from the submission of your application
- Be aged over 18
- Be in financial need without significant backing (i.e. not receiving significant financial backing from a label, publisher or private investor, and not having £16,000+ in savings)
- Have control over one or more aspects of your career (e.g. self-managing, self-releasing or self-producing)
- Already have an active career and be able to clearly demonstrate your work to date
- Have the right to live and work in the UK