BA (Hons) Diverse Dance Styles
The BA (Hons) Diverse Dance Styles programme is IRIE! dance theatre’s flagship course - the first ever BA course in the UK that places equal emphasis on African, Caribbean, Contemporary and Urban dance techniques.
The course Is specially designed to give students the chance to join a creative community that includes:
- A performance company - The industry link with a dance company adds an exciting dimension to the course, through work placements and the development of career pathways.
- Independent artists honing their professional practice – You’ll be introduced to a large number of practitioners who will guide you and give you the confidence to network and present yourself to your audience.
- A community engagement programme - Based at the Moonshot Centre (the home of IRIE dance theatre), the course brings a unique perspective that’s rooted in the local community.
The course is delivered by IRIE! dance theatre and validated by the University of Roehampton.
- Level 3 Qualifications
- 2 A-levels
- BTEC or UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Access to Higher Education Course
If your Level 3 qualifications are not in dance you will be expected to have dance experience through a dance studio, CAT scheme, youth group or related avenue. Alternative qualifications/experience may be considered.