Reasons to study European Theatre Arts (Training the Contemporary Performer)
• You will train intensively as a contemporary performer, shaping your ability to create exciting innovative performance. Build on your own interests to craft a personal artistic voice.
• Perform in small-scale and large-scale ensembles, exploring devised and text-based theatre. Collaborate with other performers, designers and technical specialists to present original work.
• Explore a wide range of European practices and techniques, closely tutored by an international team of theatre experts.
• Enjoy working in close collaboration with visiting industry professionals, investigating contemporary performance practices.
• Spend a period of your second year training at one of our European partner institutions or companies, developing your skills and enhancing your employment opportunities. (Visit our website for a list of current partner institutions).
• Graduate ready to work and build a successful portfolio career in the performing arts industry, in the UK and abroad, as a freelance performer and theatre maker.
Graduates have gone on to perform with cutting-edge theatre companies, to form their own companies and work with established companies venues such as the Barbican Theatre, Forced Entertainment, Royal National Theatre and Icelandic National Theatre among others. Graduates produce work at a range of European & international festivals. Other career destinations include directing, writing, teaching, establishing theatre venues, producing and more.
You may also be interested in:
Acting, BA (Hons)
Actor Musicianship, BA (Hons)
American Theatre Arts, BA (Hons)
“ETA has changed me a lot as an artist and a person. It’s helped me see that I have a voice and potential.” Arianne Carless, ETA 2018 Graduate