The BA in Film and Theatre Making combines the strengths of Queen’s highly regarded Film and Drama departments, offering students a unique opportunity to study the intricacies of production practice in both film and theatre. Over the three years of the programme, students will learn the basics of directing and acting, along with technical and production elements for both stage and screen.
Queen’s is unique among Russell Group institutions in offering a pathway in Film and Theatre Making, allowing the best and brightest students to focus on practical skills in both disciplines.
- Students in the BA in Film and Theatre making will receive training in acting, directing and film and theatre production from professionals in both areas. Queen's University Belfast is committed to providing a range of international opportunities to its students during their degree programme. Details of this provision are currently being finalised and will be available from the University website once confirmed.
- Accredited as Avid Authorised Learning Partner for Education, we offer industry accredited certification in Media composer.
- This programme features close links to the Lyric Theatre Belfast, Film NI and the BBC.
World Class Facilities
- Students make use of Queen’s state-of-the- art Film Studio, the QFT with two digital cinemas, the 120-seat Brian Friel Theatre (with full lighting and sound facilities) and studio rehearsal space.
Internationally Renowned Experts
- The programme features world-leading experts in Documentary film, British Film and Drama, Irish Drama, Shakespeare, dance, etc.