This is a one-year, part-time intensive course: one full day a week for 28 weeks. The course is designed to develop your skills in the core disciplines of drama, with practical exercises in acting, voice and movement, taught by industry professionals. You will work individually, in small groups and as an ensemble with your peers on the course. Entry is by a free audition: everyone is welcome to audition.
The course will cover the three main aspects of fundamental drama training - Acting, Voice and Movement skills - with units in Stanislavskian methodology, improvisation, physical theatre, voice technique, and scene work from contemporary plays. You will develop and apply the skills learned, culminating in an exciting day of showings to an invited audience.
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Demonstrate a clearer understanding of acting methodology
• Employ the disciplines and techniques central to effective realisation in your acting.
• Exhibit correct breathing techniques and vocal resonance and clarity
• Interpret text, working in a collaborative way with others
• Work from the neutral body to create character physically and use space effectively.