A Fundraiser's main responsibilities are to seek financial support for a charity, event, project or organisation. A Theatre Fundraiser’s main aim is to raise money for a theatre and they will achieve this through a number of activities such as organising social events that raise money.
Search training, experience and funding opportunities here.
What are the main responsibilities of a Theatre Fundraiser?
- Increase the contributions of individuals and groups to the theatre
- Build relationships and maintain a network of key people
- Explore new fundraising opportunities from various sources
- Raise awareness for the theatre
- Inspire new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters
- Develop and organise new events
- Develop and coordinate web-based fundraising and merchandise sales
- Develop and implement a strategy for individual and corporate supporters
What qualifications do I need to be a Theatre Fundraiser?
You do not need any formal qualifications to be a Fundraiser, however a qualification in one of the following areas would be beneficial:
See our training opportunities here.
What skills do I need to become a Theatre Fundraiser?
- Ability to network
- Build and maintain relationships with supporters
- A proactive attitude, drive and enthusiasm to carry out projects
- The ability to influence others using excellent communication skills
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to meet financial targets
- Good organisation and project management skills
What does a career as a Theatre Fundraiser look like?
This could be a possible career path if you are able to demonstrate that you are capable of undertaking the tasks required in the role and you have relevant transferable experience.
A large percentage of Theatre Fundraisers have short-term contracts. Although based in the office a large proportion of your time will be spent meeting supporters, networking and managing the production of fundraising events.
How much does a Theatre Fundraiser earn?
The salary for a general fundraising role can range between £15K and £22K however, those in a more senior position can earn between £25K and £40K.
You can also search for vacancies using The Stage Jobs here.
Published: 5 December 2019